Garden To Table provides gardens, curriculum and support to schools in Boulder County and surrounding areas. Currently serving 18 schools in Boulder Valley School District, our program touches 370 teachers and more than 8,000 students. We provide everything a school needs to maintain a garden and use it for teaching and learning. Our Garden Team makes weekly check-ups to ensure your school garden is thriving. Our standards-based curriculum includes lesson plans for grades PreK through 5th, addressing science concepts while engaging students in gardening tasks. Our Program Team provides instructional resources and consultation to support teachers in program implementation. To bring Garden To Table to your school, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Principals provide program leadership throughout the school community
- Teachers implement the standards-based garden lessons
- Parents and Community Volunteers assist the teachers during garden lessons and provide garden care
- Garden To Table staff provides everything the school needs to maintain a garden and use it for teaching and learning
- Enrich student education by using on-site gardens to teach academic subjects through hands-on lessons.
- Address health & environmental issues by teaching the importance of food choice, gardening skills, and ecological knowledge.
- Build community by engaging schools and local community through special events and volunteer opportunities .