THANKS FOR PARTNERING WITH GARDEN TO TABLE AND YOUR SCHOOL COMMUNITY TO CARE FOR THE LETTUCE BEDS!
Weekly Checklist for SPRING Stewards
- Read our Weekly Garden Guidance
- Check the Virtual Garden Notebook (bottom of page) to see what’s new/what needs attention from last week
- Garden needs will vary greatly depending on the weather
- Enjoy some time outdoors!
- Irrigate – Scroll down for instructions! Soil in the top 6″ should feel like a damp sponge. Neither wet nor dry. Report leaks/dryness in new visit form.
- Weed – Most of a gardener’s time is spent weeding. Our Weed ID Guide may help! When in doubt, remove all plants you see growing in the pathways between beds. If we weed well weekly, fewer plants will go to seed and we’ll have less work to do each year.
- Check for vandalism
- Tidy up – Coil the hose, gather up trash etc
- Fill out Garden Notebook “New Visit Form” – Entries cannot be edited, but multiple entries are welcome!
Spring irrigation instructions for __(school)_______:
- Step by step instructions for irrigation at each school
- We may not want to have folks doing irrigation in spring without some training
What’s in your school’s Notebook so far…?
(This is a view-only notebook. New entries may take some time to show up. Make as many entries as you’d like!)