THANKS FOR PARTNERING WITH GARDEN TO TABLE AND YOUR SCHOOL COMMUNITY TO CARE FOR THE LETTUCE BEDS!
Weekly Checklist for SPRING Stewards
- Read our Spring Weekly Garden Guidance
- Check the Virtual Garden Notebook (bottom of page) to see what’s new/what needs attention from last week
- Garden needs will vary greatly depending on the weather:
- Enjoy some time outdoors!
- Irrigate – Scroll down for instructions! Soil in the top 6″ should feel like a damp sponge – neither wet nor dry. Report leaks/dryness in a new visit form.
- Weed – Any new sprouts in lettuce beds should be treated as a weed and removed. Later in the spring, weeds will start to pop up around beds. Early thorough weeding means less work throughout the growing season! All removed plant matter can go in school compost containers or be taken home to compost.
- Check for vandalism
- Tidy up – Coil the hose, gather up trash etc.
- Fill out Garden Notebook “New Visit Form” – Entries cannot be edited, but multiple entries are welcome!
Spring irrigation instructions for __(school)_______:
- Each school has unique needs for irrigation in Spring.
- Extreme care must be taken to avoid the risk of damage to irrigation systems and school building plumbing.
- All irrigation must be disconnected after every use in the Spring season.
- Add more specifics here as needed…
What’s in your school’s Notebook so far…?
(This is a view-only notebook. New entries may take some time to show up. Make as many entries as you’d like!)