2020 Colorado Academic Science Standard 1.2.1 (2009 CSA 1.2.2)
Appropriate for grades 1-2
Garden to Table Garden Coordinator/Educator Gabriela (in Spanish) and Program Director Lindsey (in English) lead students on an exploration of plants in the garden, reviewing plant parts and focusing on all of the amazing ways that plants spread their seeds! 1st graders can learn with Gabriela or Lindsey, then go seed finding in their home, garden, or neighborhood environment. Worksheets are provided for labeling plant parts and helping students find seeds that can travel.
No printer? No worries! Just grab any sheet of paper, explore, and draw or write what you find. Or find a friend, family member, pet, of favorite toy to tell about your scientific discoveries!
¿De que te preguntas? ¿Qué puedes notar?
What do you wonder about? What do you notice?
Please visit your Garden to Table garden to explore and learn! Students are encouraged to bring materials for drawing, journaling, or completing worksheets provided on our website. If you do visit a garden please help us to keep each other safe:
- Be mindful of social distancing and avoid visiting when others are present. All municipal and BVSD regulations must be followed. Please practice social distancing and wear a mask when others are present.
- Help keep our staff and volunteers safe by not touching garden and irrigation equipment.
- Produce from these gardens is being donated to local food banks for families in need. Please only harvest if in coordination with Garden to Table staff.
- Many plants start looking a little beat up in this late part of the growing season. Other than vandalism, there’s a good chance that what you see is just a normal part of the late-season process.
- School buildings are not open and may not be accessed for restrooms or any other purpose.
- Concerns or questions about the garden? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For irrigation emergencies, please call us at 303-564-0133.