Colorado Academic Science Standard 5.2.1 (2009)
Appropriate for grades 5-6
Join Garden Coordinator/Educator Gabriela (Spanish) and former Garden Coordinator/Educator Carol (English) as they dig into what makes plants and humans function! 5th graders will witness some plant dissection, then can go looking for evidence of plant systems and structures in the world around them. A worksheet is provided for more learning at home.
No printer? No worries! Create your own version of the worksheet, or just use it as a guide to discuss with your class or family.
¿De qué te preguntas? ¿Qué conexiones puedes hacer?
What do you wonder about? What connections can you make?
Please visit your Garden to Table garden to explore and learn! Students are encouraged to bring materials for drawing, journaling, or completing worksheets provided on our website. If you do visit a garden please help us to keep each other safe:
- Be mindful of social distancing and avoid visiting when others are present. All municipal and BVSD regulations must be followed. Please practice social distancing and wear a mask when others are present.
- Help keep our staff and volunteers safe by not touching garden and irrigation equipment.
- Produce from these gardens is being donated to local food banks for families in need. Please only harvest if in coordination with Garden to Table staff.
- Many plants start looking a little beat up in this late part of the growing season. Other than vandalism, there’s a good chance that what you see is just a normal part of the late-season process.
- School buildings are not open and may not be accessed for restrooms or any other purpose.
- Concerns or questions about the garden? Please email us at email@example.com. For irrigation emergencies, please call us at 303-564-0133.