Archived and Phased-Out Lesson Plans
These are lesson plans which are no longer used in the current Garden to Table curriculum. They have either been replaced with a similar garden task with updated instructional methods and standards, or have been completely phased out. These lesson plans may not align with with current Colorado Academic Standards for the listed grade level, and associated links and resources may no longer be functional. Please feel free to use them as is or modify for supplemental lesson materials as you wish! Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garden Shapes – written for Kindergarten in Spring but could work in either season
- Local Food Harvesting – written for 2nd grade using the Spring lettuce harvest to address the concept of scarcity – could be used without the harvest task
- Plants Need Water – written for 4th grade in Spring using the hoop “houses” as a lab space to study irrigation efficiency and water use (thermometers/hygrometers will not be in place but can be requested)
- Climate, Weather, Food – written for 5th grade in Spring using the hoop “houses” as a lab space to study the greenhouse effect (thermometers/hygrometers will not be in place but can be requested)
- “I Wonder, I Notice, It Reminds Me Of” activity, based on the work of the highly-regarded Beetles Project, from The Regents of the University of California, is a great way to get your class out into the garden for 15 minutes or more of exploration in the garden.