Mission: Garden to Table empowers school communities with gardens and curriculum to engage all students in experiential outdoor education.
Vision: Our vision is a future in which gardens are an integral part of every school, fostering connection to nature, student health and wellness, academic engagement and achievement, and environmental and community stewardship.
- Enrich student education by using on-site gardens to teach academic subjects through hands-on lessons.
- Deepen engagement in school gardens by providing more training and support to teachers and parents.
- Develop a robust, culturally-relevant curriculum for use by partner schools which aligns with academic standards and addresses teacher needs for instruction and classroom connection.
- Create more opportunities for garden-based learning such as summer camps, before/after school programs and more volunteer opportunities for youth and families.
- Address health & environmental issues by teaching the importance of food choice, gardening skills, and ecological knowledge.
- Get students involved in growing nutritious food for their school communities.
- Build community by engaging schools and local community through special events and volunteer opportunities.
- Make school gardens more welcoming and meaningful to a greater diversity of students and their families through bilingual signage and improved communications.
We invite you to join us in making gardens an integral part of every school community! You can get involved by making a donation, volunteering with us, or signing up to receive our newsletter which contains gardening tips, educational resources and volunteer opportunities.