Colorado Academic Science Standard 2.2.1
Appropriate for grades 2-3
Garden to Table Garden and Volunteer Coordinator Leslie (in English), and Garden Coordinator/Educator Gabriela (in Spanish), show us about insects and their habitats, then take us for and up-close visit with insects in the garden! 2nd graders can explore with Leslie or Gabriela, then go searching for different types of insects in their native habitat. Worksheets are provided for labeling insect parts and guidance for finding insects.
No printer? No worries! Just grab any sheet of paper, explore, and draw or write what you find. Or find a friend, family member, pet, of favorite toy to tell about your scientific discoveries!
What do you wonder about? What do you notice?
¿De que te preguntas? ¿Qué puedes notar?
Please visit your Garden to Table garden to explore and learn! Students are encouraged to bring materials for drawing, journaling, or completing worksheets provided on our website. If you do visit a garden please help us to keep each other safe:
- Be mindful of social distancing and avoid visiting when others are present. All municipal and BVSD regulations must be followed. Please practice social distancing and wear a mask when others are present.
- Help keep our staff and volunteers safe by not touching garden and irrigation equipment.
- Produce from these gardens is being donated to local food banks for families in need. Please only harvest if in coordination with Garden to Table staff.
- Many plants start looking a little beat up in this late part of the growing season. Other than vandalism, there’s a good chance that what you see is just a normal part of the late-season process.
- School buildings are not open and may not be accessed for restrooms or any other purpose.
- Concerns or questions about the garden? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For irrigation emergencies, please call us at 303-564-0133.