When: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 6:30-7:30 pm — Those in attendance have a chance to win a Farm Dinner for Four at Black Cat Farm ($450 value) and a $200 gift certificate to Boulder County Farmers Market.
What: A celebration of our 15th Anniversary and Earth Day 2021 focusing on Equity in Health, Education and Environment. Attendees will feel like they are sitting around the dinner table with their smartest, most interesting friends.
- Dinner specials from River & Woods (Boulder), The Post Brewing Co. (Lafayette) and The Organic Sandwich Co. (Boulder and Louisville)
- “Dinner table” conversation with key leaders on the topic of equity in health, education and environment
- Moderator: Marta Loachamin, Boulder County Commissioner
- Elizabeth Crowe, Administrator of the City of Boulder’s Health Equity Fund
- “Community-based organizations and government can work collaboratively to address food security, nutrition and education disparities in Boulder. Leadership in these efforts must come about through shared leadership and commitment to equity to be effective.” – Elizabeth Crowe
- Karen Bailey, Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies at CU Boulder
- “The environment, health and wellbeing, and education are all interlinked. To ensure equity across all, we need to use integrative and inclusive strategies to amplify the needs and voices of the most vulnerable and marginalized.” – Karen Bailey
- Samantha Messier, Superintendent of Instruction and Equity at Boulder Valley School District
- “Real equity in Boulder County will require us to practice radical inclusion and change systems and structures that perpetuate inequity.” – Samantha Messier
Who should attend: Parents, teachers, community leaders and anyone interested in equity, health, education and/or environment. Attendees will be engaged, educated, inspired and motivated to get involved in their communities.
Where: This will be a live, professionally-produced, virtual event with options to purchase dinner specials from local restaurants. Registration is free and required for participation.
Why: Every child deserves to spend time in a garden, now more than ever. But, it takes more than providing a thriving garden, which we do in spades. Teachers need additional support and training to use school gardens for instruction. Your attendance and contributions will allow us to provide gardens and additional training and support for 370 teachers serving 8,500 students in 20 schools.
Event sponsorship: We are currently recruiting event sponsors to support this event. Contact Stephanie Dobbie, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. See sponsorship packages here.
Quinn is re-imagining classic foods by only using real ingredients, showing where they come from, and making it crazy delicious. Their innovative approach is cleaning up the snack category. Quinn Foods is based in Boulder, CO.
Founded in 1947, Holland & Hart is a full service law firm with offices in eight states and in Washington, D.C. We deliver integrated legal solutions to regional, national and international clients of all sizes in a diverse range of industries.
First Bite celebrates Boulder County’s dining and food scene year-round by creating connections between diners, chefs, small business owners, farmers and more. Through events like our Boulder Restaurant Week, and our inaugural cookbook A Bite of Boulder, we hope to provide ways for you to build community, and to engage deeper with the businesses that you love.