We have new GTT curriculum for the spring! Thanks to GTT Curriculum Writer Mandi Leigh’s winter work, and funding from a USDA Curriculum Development grant, we are excited to share new lessons for PreK to 5th grade.
- Garden tasks are unchanged from 2022.
- Lessons have been reviewed by BVSD curriculum staff and are aligned with BVSD units.
- All lessons are phenomena based and reflect current best practices in education.
- Each grade level has two lesson offerings – a single lesson that contains a garden task, and a lesson series that extends learning in the garden with interdisciplinary questions and/or more visits to the garden.
- We value teacher feedback! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share comments on lessons.
The key to making this work across our program is COMMUNICATION. Providing meaningful garden-based learning activities for an entire school takes some challenging calendar wrangling. (It’s part of what makes our program a success!) The last thing we want is for anyone to feel frustrated by heading out to the garden only to learn that the lesson or activity they had in mind won’t work. School-based volunteers and GTT staff are here to help – let’s keep in touch!